Tuesday, February 14, 2012
So, I told myself when I started this blog that I would be totally honest with the people who read this, but most importantly myself. Today is Valentines Day 2012, 9:20 pm. Im sitting here blogging, alone, drinking champagne infused with rasberry sorbet. But today,as awful as the story sounds, has been filled with love.
My day started at 4 am. Hektor woke up for his 4 am feeding. I tried to go back to sleep, and finally I did (idk what time). I ended up over sleeping, sleeping until 730....ahhhh!!!! ahhhhhhhh, cause we were having some friends over for breakfast. I got dressed made some breakfast foods. And before I knew it our friends were here. We ended up having a great morning full of play time. Hektor slept through half of it. And woke up fully energized ready to interact! Sofia played the entire time.
They both had a great morning!
Then out of no where Sofia had a blow out in her diaper, I picked her up to change her, and poop just when every where. All down my new juicy couture velure pants and jacket. I wanted to vomit, and I just may have but friends were still here so I held it together. I got us changed put on clean clothes, wiped us down and went about our day. Our friends had all gone by 130, and then it was nap time. Both babies went down for a nap, and I got to watch my fav, Dr Oz!
Sofia and Hektor woke up around 5 and we decided to get ready and get dinner ready. We set the table first, then decorated our chocolate fudge cake, and then we got showered and ready for our Valentines day dinner with daddy. Sofia must have somehow known today was special because she spent ten minutes putting on lotion. Then she put on make up, then she wanted to wear my heels so very badly. She got super frustrated because she could not get them on!It was hillarious, how does she know to do these things, she must watch mama and take notes! So we got dressed and then it was Hektors nap time....again! Daddy got home and announced he was feeling ill and wanted to go to bed. boooooo! on Valentines Day?! So we had a quick valentine dinner, put pjs on, daddy went to bed, and the kids were in bed by 8. Then Hektor had a diaper blow out and I had his poop all over me. So shower number 3 after I put him to bed. And now here is mama "alone" on Valentines day, blogging.
My day has without a doubt been filled with so much love. More love than I could have dreamed of. And there is no doubt in my mind, this is just as God has intended my Valentines Day to be. Alone, quiet, relaxed. Yes, it is a bummer Erik isnt feeling 100% and went to bed at 7. But God knows I could really use this alone time to sit and sit and sit and just be...
HAPPY LOVE DAY!!!!
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
This is two days early but we will be out of town....Sofia is ALMOST 21 months....eeek! Terrible twos a couple months away! ALthough I dont think she will be terrible, lol. I am definately already thinking about her party and pretty set on veggie tale theme. SHe loves it sooo much and honestly so do I. The lessons are really good and can be applied in the adult world too!
Sofia at 21 months....
* weighs 22 pounds, yup Hektors gaining on her quick
* shes fast, fast runner and on her toes all the time.
* shes happpy girl.
* knows what she wants
* having a hard time sharing,but we are working on it!
*loves to sing, and i love to hear her sing.
* Shes sweet with hektor
* loves to eat rice & yoigurt
* loves to be outside and with the smelly dog!
* totally into veggie tales, toy story 3, spirit, and calliou
* can count to 3
* working on please and thank you
* still goes on and on and on in her language, but slowly speaking more english
* loves when daddy comes home.
* loves to play angry birds on the tab
* loves to color
* loves to paint and finger paint
* will start soccer this sunday...lol!
* likes to eat dog food
* still not potty trained but im not too worried about it.
* loves her crib, so not moving to big girl bed for a while.
shes just a ray of sunshine. i love her so very much! cant belive time is passing so fast!
* shes starting to help around the house...kinda. we ordered the learning tower so she can help me wash dishes...lol. she wants to help she just makes things a little more difficult.
Things are finally getting easier around here. I still have those days where i think thats it! Im going back to work and putting them in daycare, this is too stressful! Then i calm down and totally eat my words.
Hektor is already 7 months old! SOOO hard to believe hes closer to age one than newborn :( Time has passed so quickly. I can't believe it. Yes I am already thinking of a birthday theme. Im not really sure he is that into anything yet, just whatever sister is into right now.
Hektor at 7 months...
* wakes up once during the night, 4 am. I give him a bottle and he sleeps until 6 or so.
* hes fully recovered from a double ear infection, ouch! he was such a soldier, just like daddy!i knew something was up because he wasnt wanting to sleep AT ALL. So sure enough we went to the dr and he had a double ear infection. Thank God it is all healed now. Hes back to sleeping better.
* hes a very light sleeper, and doesnt really like to sleep. He tries so hard to keep up with older sister, but poor baby needs his sleep. He is good about his morning nap, but always always fights the afternoon nap.
* hes sitting up all alone now
* he has one little tooth, bottom left.
* he weighs 18 pounds now and is 26 inches.
* he wears 6-9 month clothes still. its cute b/c the sleeve and pant legs are long. but hes a solid kid.
* he has long narrow feet and long finger toes, just like his daddy.
* hes a happy baby as long as hes getting what he wants, which usually means me carrying him.
* he likes me to be right there with him. if i walk away he freaks out.
* hes a flrt, he loves to be in the spotlight.
* he holds his own bottle
* hes talking a lot. he even says mama often. its so sweet. i dont think hes calling me mama but he says it.
* he loves sofia, hes always laughing at her. shes pretty clueless.
* hes a good eater. his favorites are sweet potatoes and his plain cereal. SAME AS SOFIA! how wierd is that. he likes peas too.
* he hasnt tried to crawl yet, but he loves to sit up and look around.
* he always flips out of the bumbo, not sure why he doesnt like that thing?
* hes smiley, just like sofia was.
Hes just sooooo precious. I cant believe hes growing so fast. I love him so much! My baby boy!