Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hektor Isaak Hanson

Out the door...heading to hospital.

hi dad!



first family photo!






hi mom!






chillin' the most... as erik says










headed home...first car seat ride.



Well, here is Hektor's arrival story...

My parents had always planned on coming up July 4th weekend since I was due July 4th and it was a holiday weekend. So Saturday, July 2nd started out like a normal Saturday. We went for a walk in the park, had a girls day out with my mom and sister, got pedicures, went to mass, then Erik decided he and I should go on a date since my parents were here to babysit Sofia. So we get to Texas Roadhouse and get put on the waiting list sit down and BOOM, contraction number 1, then ten minutes later, contraction number 2, we debated on whether to stay or go, but I really wanted a steak so we waited til we were seated. Got a table, ordered, food came, and I couldn't eat I was in too much pain. We took about 3/4ths of our plates home. By the time I got home 8:30 pm my contractions were 7 minutes apart. Called my doctor's office and they said to come in. So we went in and it all began. They admitted me around 10:30 pm, the doctor broke my water at 1 am, got the epidural around 1:30 am, slept, they woke me up at 4:45 am to check my progress and said I was ready to push. So they got the doctor, got the room ready, and two pushes later Hektor was in my arms at 5:02 am. It was a great experience! Everyone said labor would be so different than the 1st time, bit it wasn't for me.


Hektor weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces, 19 inches, dark brown hair,dark eyes.He is so passive and cool.

Sofia has been GREAT! She is really sweet with him, when she notices him. She is going through this independent phase. She wants to walk and talk like a grown up so she distracts herself. LOL. But day 3 she shared her sippy cup with him and day 4 she put a cheerio in his mouth :) She likes animals and for some reason I think she sees him as an animal not really a human. The way she gets when she sees a dog is the same way she gets when she sees him. I'm sure we will have our fill of jealousy and such but for now she has been amazingly sweet. It is my dream that they both know Erik and I love them equally so they have NO reason to be jealous of one another.


Erik has been off since last Thursday, he goes back to work tomorrow. My parents have been in town since last Friday and they leave back home today. THANK GOD my little 12 year old sister will be here for the next week to help me out. I am so greatful to have so much help. I do dread the day my sister goes back home though...












No comments:

Post a Comment